Abstract Submission Guidelines
Students are invited to submit extended abstracts in English, fulfilling the following requirements:
- The intended presentation should describe original work, carried out by one or more students within the framework of their bachelor or master education, and based on thesis projects carried out as part of that education
- The contents of the presentation must be related to one of the topics of the FISITA Congress
- The first 20 accepted abstracts will be awarded with complimentary passes for FISITA 2016
- The presentations will last 15 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of questions and answers
- One student will be the major author, in case of more than one author, and also the intended presenter
- Length of the extended abstract will be 1 to 2 pages (600 – 900 words)
- The extended abstract will be published on the website before the start of the conference, and distributed to all FISITA participants in digital form
- Full written papers of 3000-5000 words will be uploaded to the online FISITA Student Journal.
The abstract should include the following elements:
Goal and objectives
Background and motivation to the research
Outline of the scope of work
Added value of the research outcome in terms of automotive product performance and/or improved automotive processes.
The extended abstract should be prepared in font Arial, 10point , single line spacing.
The abstract should be accompanied by a short resume/CV. The extended abstracts will be subject to review by the technical paper review committee.
Criteria for approval:
- Added value for the industry
- Application and possibly extension of state of the art scientific research tools
- Organisation of the research project
- Combination of theoretical (model) research and experimental evidence
- Proper English
The three best papers presented at the FISITA 2016 Student Congress will be awarded at the Closing Ceremony of the FISITA 2016 World Automotive Congress:
First Prize: €1000 and certificate
Second Prize: €700 and certificate
Third Prize: €500 and certificate
There is also the opportunity to compete for the prestigious Manuel Junoy Memorial Prize. Awarded by FISITA from a fund donated by Prof. Osamu Hirao of SAE Japan, in memory of Mr. Manuel Junoy of STA-Spain, the fund is administered by FISITA and the value of the prize is decided by FISITA Council on the advice of the Executive Board.
The Manuel Junoy Memorial Prize is awarded for the best paper written presented at the Congress by an author under the age of 35 years on the 1st of January in the year of the Congress. The committee will be particularly looking for originality in the design, research or other work described in the paper and its significance to the advancement of automotive technology.
How to submit your abstract
Download the FISITA 2016 Student Congress application form
The application process opens on 1st February and will close on 16th May. Submit your abstract to email@example.com
Sign-up for FISITA 2016 information
- 13 May 2016
- Deadline for manuscript
- 31 July 2016
- Deadline for final papers
- 26-30 September 2016
- FISITA 2016 World Automotive Congress
Interactive Progress Session
- 19 August 2016
- Interactive Progress Session - Deadline for Abstracts
- 25 August 2016
- Interactive Progress Session - Notification to authors
- 26 August 2016
- Interactive Progress Session - Deadline for PowerPoint Presentation Submission