Islands of Excellence
FISITA encourages young engineers to take a visionary look into the future of automotive technology by inviting universities and research institutions from around the world to exhibit their automotive education projects at the biennial FISITA World Automotive Congresses.
These 5 complimentary exhibition spaces, called 'Islands of Excellence', are the perfect platform for academic institutions to showcase their automotive engineering projects to the many engineers, industry executives, academics and business leaders who attend the exhibition. FISITA and the host Society will meet the cost of the exhibition space (up to 50m²) and provide basic equipment, as well as two exhibitor badges and one full congress ticket, per ‘Island’.
University projects should address (but are not limited to) one or more of the 2016 Congress Topics. The best applications judged by our panel are awarded an 'Island of Excellence' to demonstrate their project at FISITA 2016.
The educational projects must be new, innovative and unique, and must be supported by relevant physical 'hardware'. It is also possible to display audio-visual material on the islands. Winning institutions should be represented by students who completed the project and an institutional representative or member of staff.
This amazing opportunity enables students to display and pitch their applied automotive engineering project to an audience of more than 2000 automotive engineers and executives from 40+ countries.
For additional important information click here
To download the E-Flyer click here
The deadline for applications has now closed - congratulations to the successful winners!
Past Congress Islands of Excellence:
2014 Islands of Excellence
- HAN University of Applied Sciences- "Go-4 Dakar, From Challenge to World Class Performance".
- KU Leuven- "Indupol one: performance through reliability".
- RWTH Aachen University- "DELIVER - Design of Electric Light Vans for Environment-impact Reduction".
- Czech Technical University in Prague- "Autonomous driving algorithm in scaled environment".
- TU Eindhoven- "Automotive Student Teams of TU/e Automated & cooperative driving demonstrations".
2012 FISITA 'Islands of Excellence' were:
- Brunel University, UK - An innovative and cost-effective pneumatic mild hybrid technology for buses and commercial vehicles
- Jilin University, China - Internet of Vehicles demonstration system
- Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences, Germany - New technology high dynamical MRF-clutch for safe and energy efficient use in powertrains.
Sign-up for FISITA 2016 information
- 13 May 2016
- Deadline for manuscript
- 31 July 2016
- Deadline for final papers
- 26-30 September 2016
- FISITA 2016 World Automotive Congress
Interactive Progress Session
- 19 August 2016
- Interactive Progress Session - Deadline for Abstracts
- 25 August 2016
- Interactive Progress Session - Notification to authors
- 26 August 2016
- Interactive Progress Session - Deadline for PowerPoint Presentation Submission